I-90 Corridor Information
- I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East Project webpage with project information, links to construction updates, and links to pass conditions.
- You Tube video on the importance of the I-90 corridor including the people working to conserve it and how you can help.
- It’s Our Lifeline – You Tube video on why I-90 is so vital to so many interests in our state.
- Overview of The Cascades Conservation Partnership, the historic campaign between 2000-2004 that protected over 40,000 acres of habitat in the I-90 corridor.
- Report: “Assessing wildlife habitat connectivity in the Interstate 90 Snoqualmie Pass Corridor, Washington” by Peter Singleton and John Lehmkuhl, US Forest Service.
- I-90 Wildlife Watch – a website where citizens can document the live and dead species they see while driving the I-90 corridor.
Road Ecology Resources
- WSDOT’s Executive Order 1031 providing a statewide policy that maintaining biodiversity and connectivity is a part of our transportation planning in Washington.
- Washington Wildlife Habitat Connectivity Working Group an open working group developing habitat connectivity analyses to identify and prioritize important areas for connectivity in Washington. The statewide analysis confirms the importance of the I-90 corridor.
- Defenders of Wildlife Habitat and Highways Program
- TransWild Alliance, a national coalition of NGO’s working on road ecology issues coordinating on lessons learned and national policies impacting projects in our areas.
- Federal Highways Administration webpage dedicated to Wildlife and Habitat.
Enjoy looking back at how we worked with the Department of Transportation to engage Washington’s youth as the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East has come to life through our Bridging Futures contest.